Thursday, October 22, 2009

Introduction/ Zebras


My blog is going to be about Africa, and the animals that live there. The reason I am doing this blog because I have been to Africa in books, stories, and love all the animals that live there. So I thought I would share my opinion and some facts about Africa and its animals with you. This is a zebra that people actually painted! The zebra is part of the horse species. They are normally black and white, and the stripes are normally an inch long in width. The zebras hair normally corresponds with their strips, also their hair stands straight up on their neck. Their tails are almost always black. They are normally 45 or 55 at the shoulder, they weigh around 450 pounds, and can live to about 40 years old. Zebras are herbivores and have many natural predators like Lions, cheetahs, hyenas, and leopards.

No comments:

Post a Comment